John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My washer and dryer was delivered yesterday. it was

Customer Question

my washer and dryer was delivered yesterday. it was purchased on the 8th. it is a front loader and the door latch is locked and the door is open. i can not get it to unlock.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
prior to this the doore was shutting but error codes flashed that suggested door was not locking. i followed trouble shooting suggestions to no avail. i then gently pressed against the locking mechanism with door open and this time it appeared to lock but my doore is open.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Do you recall the codes? Most likely this is a lock assembly problem. The other thing that comes to mind it that if the water is turned off or the washer can't drain it senses this as possibly flooding and it locks the door and turns on the drain pump. So my questions are;

Can you hear something humming?

Did you get to run any load?

Are you still there? Do you still need help?