Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Can the control board from the maytag SE1000 be replaced

Customer Question

Can the control board from the maytag SE1000 be replaced with an Analog knobs and button board? Say from a model from 2016 with a few modifications.
After all, they both have water level control, hot or cold water solenoids, even dryer sensors, delicate and ppress settings... ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Unfortunately you can not change that control to analog, because the board has to communicate with another board on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already know you just can't swap boards. I want to know how to rewire the older unit to a new analog board that has knobs and buttons. The wires all connect to the same parts. Motor, solenoids value levels etc. Can you tell me how to do that?

This is something that would be a lot more involved and beyond $15 to do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just paid more than 15$
If you can't supply me with the how to do then refund me