Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Peel, I have tried 3 times to get my question thru, no

Customer Question

Peel, I have tried 3 times to get my question thru, no success, very frustrating. Nor cold unit down. Green power light went off after driving rain storm. Pulled fuse, OK, re inserted fuse ok for 5 seconds, then off again. Unit set on AUGUST, Motorhome unit. Please respond
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Thanks for response, just tried the fuse back in, came on for 5 seconds , then off.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I do most of the work on my coach but I have not attempted repairs to appliances, we did have a recent recall repair done on our Norcold unit. Have seen issues when pressure cleaning has shut down refrigs, no idea how those were fixed, try me eager to get refrig back on. Bob
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The fact that it powers up and shuts right back down is indicative of electronic control failure.

1. Is it possible that water got into the area at the back of the unit during the rain storm?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kelly, yes there was a driving rain issue, which I initially mentioned. I did not see the red light on the "shut off" protective device, it was hidden behind the wiring. The "magnet" trick on that device works every time. I am back going again, you might keep that solution in your bag of tricks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It is odd that it would start for 5 seconds with that protection device open but I am glad you got it going! Thank you for taking the time to post back, I sure appreciate that! Safe travels, my friend.....