Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I purchased a used Maytag Gemini double oven range. the

Customer Question

I purchased a used Maytag Gemini double oven range. the person attempted to convert it to LP. I have completed that task but am having difficulty trying to to figure out the placement of the second baffle in each oven. Not having seen it being diassembled Im having trouble. The one baffle in each oven is form fitted and self explainitory but the other two which are about half the size have puzzled me.
Dale
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Could you upload a pic of what you are seeing and do you have the complete model number?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im very mechanical. Where do I send the picture? the model number was removed by the former owner
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
could you send me a pic to show me proper placement of the baffle in the pic I sent to you

Do you have the complete model number?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do believe I already informed you if this; "the former owner removed it".
This is why I'm having so much trouble and needed to contact Appliance Guru or would this figured out by now. Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please look at the picture I sent w/ my question of where does the baffle go? If you haven't received the picture, let me know & I'll send it again. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

That looks like the broil baffle, number 20 in the diagram at the link below. It goes above the top broil burner.

CLICK HERE

On the Gemini range, the model tag is actually on the back of the range. If you reach over the control panel right in the center, you will feel a metal swivel tag. It will swivel up for easy reading from the front of the range.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no flip up mail box flag. The broiler baffle is already installed. The pic I sent is one of 2 that need to be re installed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hmm, let me look at a few other models and see what I can find.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

If you flip that piece over, does it line up with the marks on the other flame spreader that is installed?