Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Need to remove the glass panel to fix the touch pad membrane

Customer Question

Need to remove the glass panel to fix the touch pad membrane on Bosch Hbn 756 auc just want to know how to take the glass panel out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to slide the oven at least a foot or so out of the cabinet then you can get at the screws on the back side corners to get the console out. The front glass you need to remove the knob and ring and the glass will unseat from the base frame...CLICK HERE then you can change it out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you telling me glass panel once I remove the knob will separate
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is adhesive holding the glass how do I get it out

Yes the adhesive you will need to get a putty knife or something thing to work in there to release it. I use a putty knife to work the edges to free it up.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok because I just did what you said about the knob and seal and screws nothing came out
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What kind of adhesive I should use to rebound it

WHich part are you talking about the edge of the glass to reglue?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Did the new piece not come with any adhesive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I guess I did not made my self clear. If I need to replace the key insert, what is the procedure?

I am a little lost as the original question was about the glass and now you are talking about the "key insert"? Do you have a picture of what you are trying to do exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You should not be confused I said touch pad membrane, same as key inlet my original question is procedure on how to replace it. Do I need to remove glass panel or simply just remove screws and reach out from the back to replace the key inlet

For the touchpad just remove the screws and replace from the backside.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you could point me to which screws to take out I will be satisfied

If you get to the back side of the control board you will see 5 screws around it that hold it in. Remove those and it will come out to replace the key panel.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thank you

no problem