Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Using my new 24 inch washer dryer combination for 1st time

Customer Question

Using my new 24 inch washer dryer combination for 1st time and cannot get the door to close.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the door not latch?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the dryer door.

Is the female socket in tact on the dryer door?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it looks intact. There is a black plastic tab on the dryer that seems to need to retract for the door to close. I can push it in by hand but it pops out again when I try to shut the door.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent you photos of the socket and tab via text.

What is the complete model off the unit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WET4024EWO

You may need to order this a new dryer door catch kit as that would be the most likely issue and really all it can be.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!