FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

I have a GE zics360nrcl refrigerator, the freezer numbers

Customer Question

I have a GE zics360nrcl refrigerator, the freezer numbers all stay the same and the refrigerator side does the same ex. 22222 333333
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Was that the problem before you replaced them?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Press all 4 buttons on the control pad at the same time and hold for 3-5 secs does it display 0?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've tried it, goes blank , the the same thing

OK have you checked the wiring to the board?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wired correctly , I changed the display board and main control board. Still doing the second thing. And have checked the wiring

I have never heard or seen anything on an issue like that at all. I think it would have to be a wiring issue if you have replaced both boards and get the same thing though it is the only thing that makes sense. Does it power up or do anything at all though?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's runs and cools , can't control the temp and can't get it below 42 degrees

Unplug the unit, then unplug the display board and plug it back in. See if it cools below 42 degrees.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've unplugged the red. And even turned off the breaker and it still does the same thing .

I am out of ideas I have never seen anything like that let me see if anyone else has any ideas for you

Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

HI thanks for choosing this service, I was reading through and it was saying that the display was showing all the same numbers was it doing this before you changed the board? And in what order did you change the boards and where did you buy them from?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I change the display board first , then the main control board . I bought them from service parts , its a national appliance parts store .
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

And was the display showing like that before you changed the boards or did you change them for a different reason?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Changed them because of the problem .
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

Does that place sell refurbished parts?

Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

Usually when you have this problem the main board isn't communicating with the display board could be wiring issue or the board you ordered is bad.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are new parts
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

You need to check the wiring that goes to the display make sure there are no loose wires or broken assuming those boards are good.

Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

but I noticed in your previous messages you said that it wont cool below 42 this has nothing to do with those boards and would be a separate problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't adjust the temp , the display has all 2222 , when you adjust it changers to 3333 , 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777 ,8888, 9999, 0000, and 1111 only. I'm reading 42 on a different thermostat
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

Yeah that's not how it works, the main board defaults to 0 and 37 when you turn it on it doesn't even require the display to work at all for it to cool, so either you thermostat your checking with Is wrong or it has a cooling problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't set it to 0-37 , its doesn't display that, just displays 2222 that can be adjusted 3333, 4444 , ect.
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

that's not what I mean, I mean the board sets itself to 0-37 when you install it doesn't matter what the display says, if its only 42 then there is additional problems aside from the display showing all same number

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you saying i can't adjust the temp . Or how do set it to 36 degrees? Cause I can't move the numbers
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

when you replaced the board it was automatically set to 37 so if its not 37 you have another issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't adjust the temp