Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Its Cuttler I need to defrost my kitchen aid refrigerator

Customer Question

Hi pearl its Henry Cuttler I need to defrost my kitchen aid refrigerator model kfxs25ryms4 I've powered it off and have the top doors open. Do I need to open the freezer door or leave it closed??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years I bought it in 2013
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Defrosting it yes I all ready had the "duckbill gizmo replaced by a professional who recommended defrosting it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

You will want to unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open. If you don't unplug it the lights will stay on which can cause problems. If the doors are left closed then mildew can grow due to being warm and humid inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?