Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washing machine is leaking water from the back top. there

Customer Question

My washing machine is leaking water from the back top. there is a white plastic attachment about 6 inches long with small holes in it. It is leaking from that area. How can I fix it?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bought it in 2010. Fisher Paykel Aqua Smart
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How to fix it already ruined floor before i knew it was leaking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker on the far back left corner of the control panel?

Also, is water leaking from that plastic part only when the washer is running or all the time?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model # WA42T26GW1 It only leaks when washer is in use
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have cleaned plastic part. Did not help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK perfect. This part is your fill flume and it has been re-designed. You'll want to order and replace the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE for fill flume

To access the part, you need to remove the top panel of the washer. To do that, open the lid and pry out the front right and left rubber caps on the top washer frame using a knife. That will expose 2 philips screws you can unscrew and the entire top panel will hinge up and backwards. Now you can access the part from below the top to replace it. There should just be 1 screw mounting the part which you can unscrew and then swap in the new part.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am waiting for the part I ordered. I will rate after I Put it on. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

ok...

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.