Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile French Door (freezer on the bottom). I

Customer Question

I have a GE profile French Door (freezer on the bottom). I had to have an heat extermination done in my home for bed bugs - and now (even with the house cooled and its been 2 days and there is a code flashing on my control panel on the front. It flashes 82-88. and I've unplugged it several times hoping that would reset it. It will not allow me to push any buttons to get ice or change anything.
I just paid nearly $600 to get a new control board since mine went out - and I can't afford another bill like that. Is there a way to reset the front control panel?
Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Press and hold the upper right and upper left buttons together for 5 seconds on your control pad to see if the error will just clear if it's a false error. If not then somehow your freezer defrost sensor failed. This is the part clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils inside your freezer which is located behind the back panel inside the freezer itself. The sensor would need to be replaced because your error code is stating that it's out of range.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just freaking replaced the fridge sensor - that's what I'm trying to avoid. The company that came to do the heat treatment/bug extermination said it shouldn't affect any of my appliances. But my house was heated to 140 degrees to kill the bugs - which meant everything was heated to that degree - like an oven.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Not the fridge sensor, the freezer DEFROST sensor. But I can't say whether or not excessive temperatures caused this problem although it's a good bed since the electronics aren't designed to handle temperatures like that. I'm sorry about the bad news but I can't control what fails.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?