John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Dometic refridgurator was working on electcic, but when I

Customer Question

My Dometic refridgurator was working on electcic, but when I turned it on yesterday to prepare for trip this weekend it would not work.
I had been working on getting the propane option to work and had removed some of the insulation around the base of the flue stack to gain access to the propane connections and possible the burnr tube. This morning I added insulation in the area where I disturbed it previously and turned the frig. back on. The freezer compartment iced up, but the refridgerator did not get cold.
Cycling the switches did not make any differance. Is there a separate thermancouple fir the fridge portion, and what can I do to check it and or to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

How long was it running for and is the unit level?