Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The lcd panel on my samsung RSG257AARS refrigerator is

Customer Question

the lcd panel on my samsung RSG257AARS refrigerator is showing what appears to be showing some error code that looks like the number 30. I can't quite tell because i think part of the screen has gone out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: almost 5 yrs old and the exact model is RSG257AARS
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: error code i believe
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just woke up and it is flashing on LCD. I haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

first try killing power to the unit by unplugging it or killing power at the breaker for 10 minutes this gives all the capacitors in the board time to drain and may reset the board, if that does not work try:

press the Lighting button and the Freezer button at the same time for 3 seconds until “Ding-dong” sounds

if that does not work:

press the power cool and power freeze at the same time holding them down for 8 seconds, and then refer to this chart for any error code you may have and let me know: click here for chart

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.