John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My samsung front loading dryer does not spin. The lights

Customer Question

My samsung front loading dryer does not spin. The lights come on but when you hit the start button, you hear a very little humming noise but the motor does not come and nothing spins. I tried to spin the drum by hand and it feels tight like the belt is still wrapped around. It spins but not freely like the belt is broken. Could this be a thermostat ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Samsung model DV337 and it is approx 6 /7 yrs old
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: No error codes. The lights come on and i can switch from normal to extra dry... this works okay. But no error codes
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only thing was maybe the dryer spun one dry cycle without the filter in place
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

See if you can press the door switch in and hold it down, while pressing start give the drum a spin by hand does it start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I not sure if the door switch presses down..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It seems like door switch, is not this a magnet sensor
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is anybody here to help ??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I press the door switch down and press start, and then i can spin the drum by hand.. and nothing happens
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, it has been over 15min, i am sorry i am going to ask for my money back this is just way to long.. sorry