Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Convection oven model PVM1790SR1SS. When

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Convection oven model PVM1790SR1SS. When I close the door there is a hum. The oven heats up without the fan or turntable operating. I did not use the touch pad. I did not try to heat something up. I am not sure if it's the switch or the control board. Fred.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The hum you are hearing is the magnetron running. The relay on the main control board has welded closed and the board will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 2006 is the part that has failed and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the grille from above the door. Once that is off, the screws at the top of the control panel will be accessible. Remove the screw, lift the control panel up and hinge it down and the control will be able to be installed. Of course, make sure the microwave is unplugged.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.