John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Maytag stacked W/D. I was cleaning lint trap with

Customer Question

Hi, maytag stacked W/D. I was cleaning lint trap with toothbrush. It fell in, could not see it. Took panel off under dryer, under control panel. What to do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

DO you have the model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LG7806AAE

OK you have to remove the center section you should see two large phillips screws to remove that panel then you should be able to get at it. Do you see that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In my question, i told you I opened that panel, but the lower lint trap (the part i cannot reach from inside the door) appears closed, and I can't figure out how to get into it.

OK you will have to remove the front panel on the unit to get at the lint duct to remove it if you can not see it or reach it. Can you remove the front panel?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, this is 3rd time I say I opened panel BEFORE I contacted your service and could not get inside the lower part of the lint trap...

No I am talking about the front of the unit the entire front panel the door and everything it all comes off to get at that.