Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Sears Kenmore dishwasher has a problem. The Control Lock

Customer Question

My Sears Kenmore dishwasher has a problem. The Control Lock is on and I cannot turn it off. The bright red light will not go off.
I've held the button for 3 seconds (as the label says). I've held it for 10-15 seconds. No change.
I unplugged the dishwasher for 10 seconds. When I plugged it back in, the Control Lock light came back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic.Will the control toggle off?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.