Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Samsung Fridge dispenses water when the ice lever is

Customer Question

Hi. My Samsung Fridge dispenses water when the ice lever is pushed. How can I fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'll check
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping it will be an easy fix that I can do myself. The model is RF4287HARS/XAA
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it is like 4 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the display panel showing that ice dispense has been selected, even though it dispenses water?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure. I pushed cubed ice. I don't see anything that says "Ice Dispense"
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

But it shows that ice is to be dispensed, in this case, cubed ice, and not water?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cubed or Crushed. I push the lever for ice and water comes out, I push water and water comes out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So the issue is that the main board is not switching correctly. Unplug the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes to reset the electronics. If the behavior remains the same, the main control will need to be replaced. It is number 5 in the diagram at the link below and mounted on the back of the cabinet.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you so much!