How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21512
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a door seal for a Consul model QM2836, a few months,

Customer Question

I need a door seal for a Consul model QM2836
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a few months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just where can I get the seal
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Please advise what type of unit is this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
a gas 12v elect refigerator 26x53
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 10 months ago.

Ok, this is an appliance question. I'll notify the moderators to move it to the proper category. Please be patient this may take a while.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok but I thought you knew what is was right off
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a Consul model QM 2836 this is what I put in from the start
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry but I'm a home improvement expert not an appliance expert. Your question wound up in Home Improvement most likely because you didn't specify a refrigerator. The site's algorithms categorize questions based key words. Only mentioning a model can lead to a mis-categorization. Next time give us as much info as you can from the start and the site will do a better job.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok fine will they get back to me with as answer
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you double check that model number, please? The consul models usually start with a C. I cannot find anything on the model you posted.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is the model on the bottom of the unit now I have seen other Consul model starting with Qm 2801
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I am not able to locate a gasket for that model specifically but there is a kit that is made to be cut to fit and is available below.