Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have the bosch dishwasher smu7056UC/14, And we cannot get

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: We have the bosch dishwasher smu7056UC/14
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: And we cannot get the on and off button to click back like the other buttons so it will not turn on
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: I am not sure it is in our office
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is brand new
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just happening for the first time we havent done anything yet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. Unfortunately this model is getting quite old and the selector switch assembly inside the control panel is starting to fail mechanically. It's becoming more and more common for anyone who owns this unit but the issue is that the part is no longer made. The part you'd need is 092197 and that selector switch assembly inside the control panel would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. You can search around on Ebay if you really wanted to pursue fixing it but honestly it's probably best to start looking at a new dishwasher when parts start going obsolete.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
will I be charged 5 dollars and 23 dollars extra for this response?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

That is correct yes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.