John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Whirpool refrig, side by side, with lower freezer.

Customer Question

Have a Whirpool refrig, side by side, with lower freezer. Water is intermittently leaking
out of bottom, on opposite side of icemaker. Cannot figure out where it is coming from.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Is there ice/water build up inside the freezer on the floor below the bin?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just some ice crystals, no real water build up.

Then I'm not sure what could cause an intermittent leak so I'm going to opt out and someone else will pick up the question where we left off if they have an idea.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the make and model of the unit and do you have a picture of the water leak or area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a Whirpool, model G16FARXXQ06. Have a picture of where water appears, cant find where its coming from.

Can you upload the pic?