John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Have a Whirpool refrig, side by side, with lower freezer.

Customer Question

Have a Whirpool refrig, side by side, with lower freezer. Water is intermittently leaking
out of bottom, on opposite side of icemaker. Cannot figure out where it is coming from.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Is there ice/water build up inside the freezer on the floor below the bin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just some ice crystals, no real water build up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Then I'm not sure what could cause an intermittent leak so I'm going to opt out and someone else will pick up the question where we left off if they have an idea.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the make and model of the unit and do you have a picture of the water leak or area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a Whirpool, model G16FARXXQ06. Have a picture of where water appears, cant find where its coming from.

Can you upload the pic?