Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have an 8 year old Samsung VRT front load washing

Customer Question

We have an 8 year old Samsung VRT front load washing machine. Doesn't spin the clothes dry (it spins but not fast enough), and sometimes has water left over when you remove clothes.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF337AAG/XAC 8-9 Years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

IS the drain pump pumping out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think maybe it's not fully draining. I just checked (after a cycle) and bottom part of the tub has water in it (soapy feeling too).

Ok yes the unit could have too many suds or the filter for the pump may be partially blocked. You should check that and clean it out and then run a cycle with no soap and see if it drains and spins fine. If it does not pump out all the way due to a blockage in the filter or sudsing issue it will not spin.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!