Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an e64 code, have tested heating element and

Customer Question

I have an e64 code, have tested heating element and thermostat and other part that goes into element all okay. Dryer would work for 5 mins then flash code. What is wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Electrolux Perfect Steam Model# *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If you have tested the thermostats on the side of the heating element and you tested the element itself and they test good, you either have a bad main control board or you're not getting 220 volts to the dryer. Check and make sure you have 220 volts to the dryer and not just 110 volts. If that checks good then replace your main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know I have 220, how do I know the control board is bad? Can I test anything or see it right away.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

You can't test the control board. You know the board is bad by process of elimination. If the element is good, the thermostats are good and the dryer is getting 220 volts---your board is bad.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which control board, the one above the drum in black or the one behind the dials
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The in the back above the drum.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
where is the thermistor could it be bad
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

No it couldn't and it's mounted to the vent below the dryer.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.