Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE PROFILE HARMONY CLOTHES WASHER DIED BETWEEN USES---IT IS

Customer Question

GE PROFILE HARMONY CLOTHES WASHER DIED BETWEEN USES---IT IS MATCHED PAIR WITH THE DRYER WITH WHICH IT COMMUNICATES. THE SCREEN SHOWS OMLY MY CYCLES AND WILL NOT FUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER CONTROLS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your washer. On these Harmony units, if the display is definitely getting power and showing my cycles but won't allow you to change any other options, the your LCD display board itself is failing. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if not then the LCD board would have to be replaced which unfortunately is not very cheap on these units but the exact price depends on the model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?