Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My refrigerator stopped working and I cleaned the coil under

Customer Question

My refrigerator stopped working and I cleaned the coil under the unit but refrigerator is not getting cold. Fan is working and copper lines are barely getting cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the coils are not getting cold touch your compressor and is it blazing hot, room temperature, or warm? Do you hear the big black round compressor running or is it silent?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it going to cost me more money every time I ask a question
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

About this refrigerator? No, it's all one charge for help with this issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. The big black compressor is running. Sorry but I cannot afford to do phone call. Disabled veteran and limited income. The copper lines are slightly cold but not excessively cold.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That's alright we can continue typing. If the compressor is definitely running then unfortunately you either have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. This isn't going to be something you can fix yourself. You'd need a technician to tap into the system and see if you're low on freon. If so then a freon leak repair usually runs about $450. If you're not low on freon then you'd need a new compressor which is about $650 to have replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?