Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a JennAir (Whirlpool) fridge, model number

Customer Question

I have a JennAir (Whirlpool) fridge, model number JFI2589AES, that is experiencing fluctuating temperatures between roughly 30 and 41 degrees. I have adjusted temp settings from roughly 36 to 42 degrees with no apparent impact on the interior temps. I cannot discern any common cause for the fluctuations. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Have you checked the temperature sensors resistance when it is 30 degrees to see if it is out of range?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not. I'd be happy to try if you can walk me through it.

Can you get to the main board behind the unit?

Also a phone call may work better to clear this up faster if you want

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I imagine I can if I roll it away from the wall. I need to step out for a bit, however. May I pick this back up in 90 minutes or so?

Yes that is fine

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon, is it possible to pick up this repair at this time?

Yes

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey, guru, sorry for the delay. I travel quite a bit. When can we pick this up?

Just let me know later tomorrow I will be out most of the day and should be around late evening.