Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a wolf range. All four spark electrodes are working.

Customer Question

I have a wolf range. All four spark electrodes are working. Two of the burners will not spark when the knob is turned. Gas does flow to the two burners.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do they click like they should be sparking?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not on the two front burners. When I turn a rear knob all four burners soark
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The range was purchased in 2004
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am going to run out of time due to a meeting. Can I resume this session later? How?

OK then most likely the switches for those two burners are bad. Behind the trim panel that is behind the burner knobs there is a microswitch on each burner shaft that engages when you trun the knob to start the sparking. These switches break and then the unit will not spark at all since the switch is broken for those to burners. You need to remove the knobs and the trim to get at them and replace the two switches to get that working again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Somebody mentioned something about a harnass. Is this relevant?

Not likely for that issue check those switches first.