Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Troubleshooting error codes, no codes in the troubleshooting

Customer Question

hi troubleshooting error codes
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: no codes in the troubleshooting guide of the manual
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: error codes not cold
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged from wall to see if that would reset it but once powered back on temps are still going up
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: looks like i found what to do thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Frigidarire Gallery model fghs2631pf3 getting error code SY EF

That is an evaporator fan failure code, you need to check the fan in the freezer section and if it is not running you need to replace it. Here is a link to it

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!