Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I can, Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW, The door had locked and it

Customer Question

I can
JA: What's the brand and model number of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: The door had locked and it showed no power... I got the door open and it powered up again and my wife tried to start another load. Door locked again and we lost any indication of power. No error codes or flashing lights. I left it unplugged for 1/2 hour to 1 hour and came back and still same problem.
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sometimes when we shut the door it made a funny buzzing noise. My wife said it had started getting pretty loud.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ? not sure.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

When that happens on that series Neptune you need to replace the main control in the console to fix it. That was a common issue on that model. You can order it from this link, but you need to let them know the SERIAL number off the unit to get the correct control. It is PART #22 at this link

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was able to identify the solution to the problem on my own and feel it was misleading to charge a $5 deposit and have someone live tell me they would connect me with a repair person, only to find out that they would pass my question on and let me wait up to 24 hours. If I had known that, I would not have proceeded as in the wait time I figured it out through other means. I thought I would have live help.