Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE TRIVECTION stove and glass cooktop. Model

Customer Question

I have a GE TRIVECTION stove and glass cooktop. Model #JS998SOH1SS.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Several times in the last year the Control Lock comes on for Sabbath or something. I don"t mean to lock the oven. I have held the control lock for up to 60 seconds. I have turned off the power for up to 24 hours. I have pressed 0 and 9 at the same time holding them for up to 60 seconds. But it actually seems to comeback on without my knowing what I did to get it to come back on. This time it locked on Saturday and here it is Tuesday. How do I get the oven control lock to go off? It was made in 2003
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can push a button but that's it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Still there?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

As you are attempting, you should just need to press and hold 0 and 9 together for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. If that is not working, try to unplug the oven or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If none of that works, the logic board is just going bad which is why it keeps going into control lock on it's own so the display board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the main logic board for your model.

CLICK HERE for main logic board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.