Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I turn off my unit as they are coming to fix it

Customer Question

how do I turn off my unit as they are coming to fix it tomorrow?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I looked at the thermostat on the front but it only goes up to 47 degrees. This is the PSB48LGRABV
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, a maintenance person is coming tomorrow but I need to have it thawed out so he can fix a frozen panel in the back.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has to be easier than unplugging the unit which is deep in the wall? Any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The only way to turn the unit off for now is to located the circuit breaker on your house and flip it off. The only other shut off is to unplug the oven or turn the gas off but this is a very large 48" wide oven so unless you're very strong you won't be able to pull it out to unplug it or turn the gas off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sure Tyler is a very good appliance person but I gave up on my question and had the repairman here to fix it. Also it was a refridgerator and not a stove.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

good luck