Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My LG fridge is dispenser is blinking (shows no codes) and

Customer Question

My LG fridge is dispenser is blinking (shows no codes) and leaking water from the bottom. When I open the freezer door it stops. What's the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the dispenser is flashing, that is a problem with the dispenser control board itself. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if that doesn't work you'll need to replace the dispenser control board. As for the leaking, I'm not sure without looking as to why the unit would be leaking but I'd make sure the floor inside the freezer or refrigerator aren't filled with water because if so that typically means the defrost drain line behind the back wall is clogged and it's backing up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?