Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

F20 code kenmore model110.47532600 I replaced hot and cold

Customer Question

F20 code kenmore model110.47532600 I replaced hot and cold inlet valve still get f20 code
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 110.47532600 8yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Plenty of water pressure machine fills washes then get f20 code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If you start the washer and it begins to fill, can you time the washer and tell me how long it takes for the F20 error to appear? Also, how high is the water compared to the bottom of the door glass when the error occurs?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Machine fills little over half way the water runs continuous ly. Runs for 11 minutes then f20 code
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK that is a problem. The water is filling too high which means it's not being sensed properly. It should only fill to the bottom of the door glass. If you remove the top panel of the washer by removing the screws coming in from the back and then pulling the top panel straight back, up, and off---you can see the pressure switch mounted to the right side wall above the tub toward the back. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

Disconnect the hose to this part and blow through the hose to make sure it's clear. If there is a hole in the hose, replace the hose. Other than that if the hose is clear and doesn't have a hole in it, replace the pressure switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.