Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dishwasher's lights continue to blink and it sometimes

Customer Question

My dishwasher's lights continue to blink and it sometimes goes through a wash cycle without me hitting the "wash" button. This happened suddenly starting a few days ago. Is this something I could fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a common issue meaning the touchpad on the unit needs to be changed out. You would need to order and replace the touchpad with the complete model number and color from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM to get that unit going again. They are easy to change just remove the inner perimeter panel screws to get it out and swap over the new one.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!