Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Microwave gives message to open and close door but will not

Customer Question

Microwave gives message to open and close door but will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I' ll be assisting you with your microwave today. If the microwave keeps telling you to open and close the door then reset power from the circuit breaker and see if that resets the issue. If not, then either your display board has failed or one of the door switches on your microwave has failed. You'd have to take the microwave apart and test the different door switches to determine if all 3 door switches check good. If they all check good then replace the display board, otherwise replace the faulty door switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?