Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ULG50BC problem is compressor tried starter but delay above

Customer Question

ULG50BC problem is compressor tried starter but delay above 8 times back running after defrost every times
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "but delay above 8 times back running after defrost every times". Can you explain please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After defrost compressor tried starting stop,starting stop,staring stop
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK understood. So that means that the unit is overloading. If you replaced the start capacitor already, unfortunately the only thing left is the compressor itself. It's just overloading due to either too much friction on the piston inside or whatnot, either way the compressor would need to be replaced to resolve this issue which is about $650 to have replaced so it may not be worth fixing I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?