Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a dishwasher model # 66516293400. The lights on the

Customer Question

I have a dishwasher model #*********** The lights on the front are blinking 7 times then pauses. I run a test initiated by alternating the normal with the heater button. All buttons lit and it when through the normal cycle. When i go to start it I am able to input the desired cycle but the start button doesn't work. The start button's cover is torn. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The clean light flashing 7 times is an error code indicating an issue with the wash temperature. If the control does not detect a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle, it will display the fault as the clean light flashing 7 times. There are several things that could cause the water not to heat, including the water being too hot coming in, an open door switch, or a faulty component in the heater circuit. The most common cause is the door switch not closing properly. This can be due to a loading issue or a latch issue. If upon visual inspection of the heating element no obvious defects are found, I would recommend resetting the control and running another cycle, paying close attention to door closure. If the light begins flashing again, you likely have a component failure. The heat circuit consists of several components including the element, control, door switch and tub thermostat(s).

Will it start another diagnostic cycle now?