Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have followed the directions given on this post and want to

Customer Question

Have followed the directions given on this post and want to know if the gas line needs to be connected and turned on for this process
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just found this post a few minutes ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My dryer was making a loud scraping noise. took the front panel off to investigate the noise and found a drywall screw between the drum and felt gasket. Put the unit back together and reconnected and now lights up but wont run
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch nexxt about 8 years old wtmc 3500uc/02
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

I'm not sure what post you've read but I can tell you what is wrong with your dryer. When you take it apart, the belt tensioner switch trips because the belt gets loose. This switch is located right by the motor. You must manually reset it any time you take the dryer apart and put it back together or the dryer will not run. Remove the back sheet metal panel and look for the switch next to the motor and belt tensioner pulley mounted to the floor. Push the button TOWARD the tensioner pulley to reset the switch. Then plug the dryer back in and try again and you should be good to go if you pushed the switch button the correct direction.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?