Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I would like to remove the cover of my Frigidaire air

Customer Question

I would like to remove the cover of my Frigidaire air conditioner to check the filter.model # FAH106N1T1. Don't know what i'll find. new one? wash filter? getting check filter light.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

I wouldn't wash the filter, I would try to blow it out with an air compressor if you have one, otherwise I'd replace it. As for how to access the filter, just look at the entire front vent that starts at the bottom and goes up to the control panel. On the right side of the air conditioner there is a molded cut out where you can put your fingers to pull forward on the front vent grate. Pull the front vent grate forward to release and unclip it and then you'll see the filter behind it which you can remove to either clean it or replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Attached below is a picture for the other hand hold you can slide your fingers into and pull forward to remove the front vent cover to expose the filter as well. Unfortunately there isn't a picture of the slot on the right side.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?