Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Advantium Microwave Oven - Model # ZSC1001 KSSO1 Issue:

Customer Question

GE Advantium Microwave Oven - Model # ZSC1001 KSSO1
Issue: When oven door is opened, interior light illuminates normally. However, at the same time the door is opened the turntable begins to operate with a chattering noise and rotates in a jerking motion. When the door is closed, the light extinguishes normally and the turn table stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately the issue you're experiencing means that one of the control board thinks 1 of the 3 door switches has failed. You'd need to uninstall the entire microwave and remove the top sheet metal panel and such to expose the door switches. Then test the door switches as you open and close the door to determine if one of them isn't opening and closing properly. Either replace the faulty door switch if you find one, or replace the main control board if all of them test good because it thinks one of the switches is bad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.