Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a frigidaire and the code 5y ce keeps coming up. At

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire and the code 5y ce keeps coming up. At first it would beep with this code. I would unplug and plug it back in. Now no beeping just the code. But the fridge is still running.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: FGHS2334KB1 we bought it in July 2010
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible, yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. This error 5y ce means you have a communication error between the display board and your main relay control board. Unfortunately the main relay control board has been re-designed due to this issue so it will need to be replaced if unplugging the unit for 5 minutes doesn't reset the issue permanently. The board is located behind the bottom vent panel below the doors. Just remove the bottom vent panel and you'll see a grey or black plastic box mounted below the refrigerator. There is a screw going up into the floor in front of the box you'll need to remove and then the box just slides forward so you can replace the board. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?