Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have a kenmore elite ultraclean dishwasher. purchased

Customer Question

i have a kenmore elite ultraclean dishwasher. purchased 7/4/16. the lock button is on and so the machine will not run. i pushed the cancel butten for three seconds numerous times. the lock icon blinks but then stays on. how can it be reset?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes i purchased it new on 7/4/2016. less than one month old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i have no idea i just want the dishwasher to run/
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i want ot know how to unlock the machine so it will run. there are no instructions for this in the manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

hi try unplugging the machine for 2 min or throw the breaker this should reset it let me know

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

Normally, the lock light will be turned on solid when the control is locked. To turn it off, press and hold the NO HEAT DRY or AIR DRY button for 4 deliberate seconds (or until the lock light turns off. try this and let me know

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

if this works please rate me high as that's how the site pays me thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no such setting on my machine. never mind, i will call sears tomorrow. no further assistance is wanted.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

hi maam or sir if I can get a model number I would like to help you resolve your issue my first responses were with no model number in hand.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 7 months ago.

is there by any chance a button that says top rack only