Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung Refrigerator, model # RF28HFEDBBC/AA and

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Refrigerator, model # RF28HFEDBBC/AA and the icemaker has started freezing up, If froze Saturday, thawed it out, made ice good and froze up today. can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the icemaker is freezing up, thaw it out completely using a hair dryer if you have one. Make sure the freezer isn't below 0ºF. If that all checks good and the issue comes back, the icemaker itself will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Also, I wanted to mention that I find Samsung icemakers to fail more than any other part on these refrigerators so even after fixing the issue I wouldn't be surprised if you have to deal with icemaker issues on average about every 5 years or so. I'm sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?