Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My microwave will not let me use the says

Customer Question

My microwave will not let me use the says reset but none of the buttons work....
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: GE # j e15406v
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: nothing, buttons don't work
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reset the breaker, it went out completely
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no\
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. Try to press and hold the clear button for 5 seconds to see if the control lock will remove (in case the control lock is engaged). If that doesn't work, your touch control panel has just failed and the part is no longer made for your model so it may be time for a new microwave I'm sorry to say. If you wanted to try to look for a new touchpad, the part number is ***** for black and WB27X1011 for white depending on what color you have.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?