John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Playing with a samsung dryer wold not spin after taking top

Customer Question

playing with a samsung dryer wold not spin after taking top of and blower cover of found rag in blower had power before and while pulling circiut board out bent a diode or something now have no power at all on machine. had lights before.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than a year its a model 40j3000ew/a2 just want to verify its most likely the board before i go spend 100 bucks on the board. it atempted to start before but im sure the rag had it bound up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no im pretty sure i messed the board up had power befoe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If there is no power to the unit with the top off check for power to the main board with a volt meter please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have not checked with volt meter no changes though had light and power before nothing trio I am sure outlet is good
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please just cancel i am going to get technician out sorry

OK no problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cancel order