Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch DLX Series dishwasher. It is not cleaning.

Customer Question

Seems to be draining fine. Filling with water fine.
The Cascade pac does not get wet and dissolve. It SEEMS as though the central arm is not turning or filling with water. I removed the arm. It is CLEAR of obstructions.
The bottom arm is working fine. ( I quickly open the door to sneek peeks)
I have cleaned all moving parts.
It does have a bit of an unusual noise during operation.
Any ideas for me? Oh yes...I am having dinner guests tomorrow night...of course)
Christine
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the unit is clean and filling with water and not washing there is a very good chance the impeller has broken off the motor. Then it will sound like the unit is washing but will not and may make a funny noise and not wash at all. That was really common on the DLX series. Just make sure all the filters are clean and if so that is the most likely issue causing that noise and not washing issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your response but hey...I don't need to know what's wrong with it as much as I need it to WORK. What and where is the impeller and how do I fix it?

The motor comes as a kit and you need to pull the hole unit out to get at it to take it apart do you have the complete model off the tag?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just frustrated, but this process doesn't seem to be working for me. Every time I add something, I am asked for more money, yet you have asked no questions of me, given me a "worse case" repair scenario and asked for a perfect rating and tips. On your behalf, you were prompt.

Would a phone call be better?