Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher fills and drains but it is not washing. Once

Customer Question

My dishwasher fills and drains but it is not washing. Once it fills it just sits there. If I cancel it it will drain the water. I have tried cleaning the filter and cleaning the spray arms. It is still not working. The model number listed is WDF520PADW5.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. Unfortunately this means you either have a bad control board or the circulation pump and motor has failed and will need to be replaced. The way to check is by uninstalling the entire dishwasher and tipping it on it's back. There are 2 wires going to the circulation pump. Check for 120 volts to the motor when the dishwasher should be washing. If you don't have 120 volts, you need a new control board. If you do have 120 volts, you need a new circulation motor. The circulation motor fails often so that is by far the most likely part that will need to be replaced so if you don't have a multimeter to test the voltage, just replace the circulation motor. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE for circulation pump

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?