Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We own a GE Profile oven that we need some help with. My

Customer Question

We own a GE Profile oven that we need some help with. My wife was cleaning the surface of the oven's control area and something happened to where the hook for the locking mechanism engaged and we cannot reverse it. The door can be opened but the hook is out enough to where the oven will not function. I have tried to reverse things using the control pad but to no avail. Suggestions??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Normally you will have to hold the light switch in on the frame then push lightly on the hook the opposite direction of the hook keep pressure on it while Starting and Cancelling a self clean cycle.

Let me know after you try that

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!