Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can't get the top of the cabinet on my old LDG8404AAM to

Customer Question

Can't get the top of the cabinet on my old LDG8404AAM to lift up. I can see and feel the springs to push back but when pushed back there still seems to be something holding the top down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. Before you remove the top panel you need to remove the front panel on this model dryer first. There are 2 screws coming in from below the front panel just below the crease. Remove these screws, unplug the dryer, and the front panel will pull forward and the bottom and hinge upwards until you can pull it off. Now the top panel can be hinged up and backwards to get it out of your way.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?