Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Where do you use the hairdryer to defrost if refrigerator

Customer Question

Where do you use the hairdryer to defrost if refrigerator door was left open all night
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE gss25jfpdcc
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that door was fully shut over night
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. If the refrigerator OR the freezer door was left open over night, you'll need to open the freezer door and remove everything inside the freezer. Remove the screws going into the lower back white metal vented panel INSIDE the freezer to expose the silver evaporator coils behind this panel. Use your hair dryer to heat up and thaw all the frost on these coils if they are packed with frost from leaving the door open.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?