Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE washer with a Bosch water level sensor. The tank

Customer Question

I have a GE washer with a Bosch water level sensor. The tank never fills adequately. I notice on the sensor there are 6 Philip type screws. Is there one of these adjustments that I can turn to increase the water level?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 4 years old. Model GTWN4250M1WS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am very handy mechanically
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The switches are not designed to be adjusted. If you wanted to try to adjust them you'd turn all the plastic philips screws the same amount counter-clockwise to increase the water level 1/4 turn at a time. Other than that you really should just replace the switch because you can result in a flood if the switch isn't working properly. The part number for the switch is WH12X10412 for your model.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?